Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cross Stitch Commission

Good afternoon people. I am home from the TGIF cat show in Indy and I am getting back to work. I want to share a new type of commission that I completed at the show. This is a black and white version of an existing art work of mine called Dress up Two. A patron asked me to draw this on a piece of cross stitch canvas that she had mounted on a frame. She intends to finish this in cross stitch. I gave her permission for personal use of the image, similar to the kind of permission I give folks who hire me to design tattoos. I also suggested she go to my site and have a look at the color version of the image there to get an idea of what colors to use on the final piece. This was a lot of fun to do and I hope to take more commissions of this sort in the future. Based on what I learned from doing this piece, I should be able to do cross stitch commissions similar to existing pieces, or even completely original designs.
dup2cstch

No comments: