Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WIP New Howling Rage Art Part 2

As promised, here is my second post showing progress on my commission for Dave H. In step two I scan then digitally color my pencil sketch. For this piece I also refined the sketch quite a bit, adding detail and cleaning up lines. As striking as the pencils are, adding color--especially those flames--make quite a difference.

Stage three is an acrylic painting which is currently sitting on my easel. If you want to see it in person, come to Pentacon in Fort Wayne which will take place November 7th to 9th, where I'll be delivering the painting to Dave. For those of you who can't make it to Pentacon, I'll post a scan of the painting here after the show.

hancom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a US Air Force unit whose motto is "Death From Above"?

That's what this image reminds me of.

Anonymous said...

Terry, that one did not occur to me--and it should have. it's a darned good fit.