Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Web Comic

Some of my first published art appeared in a comic--a series called Tales From the Anniverse for those who are interested in a blast from the past. I learned my craft drawing comic pages. I have not done much in the way of graphic storytelling for quite a while, despite the fact that this is one of my favorite mediums. This is about to change. Click Here to go to Accommodations, a web comic based on the Dragon Storm universe. Although I have published this story before on the DS site, the current posting is a sign of things to come. I want add regular web comics to my site offerings and I have used this story as a test. Please have a look and let me know what you think. Your comments will have a large influence on what I do with comics in the future.

comic sample

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you already know what I think. I've been saying for years that I thought a DS comic would be a hoot, just from reading this one. Every time I look at Jim's - I'm sorry! - YOUR sketch book, I feel like I'm reading a comic without the dialogue. I'd rather head the dialogue as well. So, please - more, more, more!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment, DS. I am excited about doing comics now; I think all of the pieces are coming together to make it possible. Speaking of my-er--Jim's book, keep an eye on my site around the end of October. I was just speaking to him on the phone last night and we have made some lovely, devious plans.....

Anonymous said...

Well, I personally think web comics, graphic novels, animie, and manga are natural fits and potential hot markets for Dragon Storm. But hot markets or not, I would certainly love to see more, and suspect that would be a widely held sentiment amongst the player community. Keep on keepin' on!
mike