Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Etsy Issues

Etsy is having some problems. It appears that these are minor problems that have to do with counters (the numbers that track how many hits a particular image receives). Counters are resetting at random so images may show numbers that do not reflect how popular they are; other than that, the site seems to be working correctly. If anyone has other issues with Etsy please let me know. The company says they are trying to correct this and will have it fixed as soon as they can. I have seen sites have difficulties like this before and they generally come out just fine. It's likely caused by a small bug hidden deep in an obscure line of code.

Speaking of online selling, I plan to add more sell sites this fall. Right now I am selling on Etsy and Ebay, both good sites. I want to sell through more sites to gain a wider audience. Adding a site involves a fair amount of effort; we need to study a site, learn its system, post our images, write descriptions, ect, ect, ect. Did I say we? I should say he; Mark does the lion's share of all this work and does it well.

With this in mind, I'd like to ask a favor; if anyone knows of good sell sites, please let me know. I am aware of Craigs List, Yessy and Piccasso Net, but I know there are a lot more out there. I'm particularly interested in sites that are easy to use, artist friendly and with good reputations. I'd welcome any recommendations.

No comments: