Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Michael's Group Shot

Here is one of the most detailed character commissions I have done yet. Michael S. commissioned this piece on behalf of his role playing group. Each character was done as an individual portrait. I then combined the individual pieces to create this group shot. Each member of his group will receive their character portrait and a large copy of the group shot will be sent to Michael. I am quite pleased with how this technique worked and I plan to do more of this kind of thing in the future. Thanks again, Michael, for this very cool commission.

 

Group Shot 1sm

4 comments:

FirestarAROC4 said...

Oooh...Super Cool. Makes me jealous our group isn't doing another group shot this year.

Is this a Dragon Storm Group or for another game?

Looks like the layering of character portraits worked very well. Good idea.

I especially like the dwarf/halfling up front with her dog and the wizardie looking fellow in the back. You should post the wizard separate as just him since he's mostly covered up. Is he on a cloud or something?

-Firestar, AROC4

News said...

Thank you very much for your post! I am very interested in your points.

News said...

Thank you very much for your post! I am very interested in your points.

Sue said...

Hi, Firestar. Now that I've figured out how to do this technique, it is something I can repeat.

This is for Michael's D n D group. He is game master and these are the players' characters.

The wizard is standing. Posting him separately is a good idea, because he really is mostly covered. Look for him some time this summer.