Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Magic Card Proof Sketches

On my website I sell Proofs of Magic Cards I have illustrated. For those who don't know, a Magic Card proof is a card with printing on the front and nothing on the back. These were produced to test colors when Wizards of the Coast originally printed these cards. They generously sent me some of these proofs for almost every card I did for them. In some cases I only received a few dozen proof cards; in others I got more than a hundred. Proofs, by definition, are limited in number and I have been selling them as collectors' items. I also sell sketches on the backs of proof cards, which take ink and marker very nicely. I've posted some sketches I drew on proof backs below. I'm grateful to Jared, who purchased the proofs and commissioned the sketches. Thanks!

Blazing Effigy Proof Sketch


Waiting in the Weeds Proof Sketch


Sea Sprite Proof Sketch

No comments: