Shop My Etsy Store for Art Prints!

Monday, January 12, 2009

DS card Art

I do a lot of Dragon Storm card art and I use the work as an opportunity to try out new styles and techniques. Not every experiment turns out as well as I would like; over time, however, I find I'm developing some skill using these new techniques. Below is a simple piece called Jikadell Serpent that came out quite nicely. I created it using a digital paint technique that I've been practicing for some time. I'm particularly happy with the vibrant colors I can achieve using this method and I think this piece is a good example of that.

Jiakellserp

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would not want to meet him while walking through the forest. I've been a CCG player for years and years (since the old days of Magic), but have never tried Dragon storm. I will have to try it in the future.

Q

p.s. I'm from Indianapolis, so I feel your pain on the January temps freezing everything up. My motivation is the first thing to freeze over.

Anonymous said...

Hi Qcpu. Yes, with colors like those, I suspect a snake might be signaling that it's packing something unpleasant in its bite. As far as DS goes, there's lots of information on it at our game site, Dragonstorm.com. If you haven't been there yet, check it out--it's a lot of fun.
I've heard this has been a cold year for a lot of folks in the Midwest; nice to know that we have some cold toes solidarity going on here. ^^ With luck we'll have an early spring.